28 January 2012

Crafty Creations

Hello! How are you all? Enjoying the chance to catch up on some blogs?
 Lately I have found myself slightly obsessing on pinterest. It seems to me there are more amazing ideas and images collected on that one site than anywhere else.

I wouldnt say that I am an arty person particularly but I certainly have that side to me in my love of crafts and photography. So with Pinterest as my inspiration and some fab projects already under my belt I thought today I would show you a little bit of what I have been up to lately. Well not too lately. This last week I have been full of cold - I'm trying not to feel too sorry for myself so have been distracting myself as best as possible on my pc.

Anyway on to the pictures.





 This is my current window display in the Kitchen. I try and update it seasonally. I am blessed with lovely deep window sills. The house is made from cotswold stone and the walls are VERY thick. This one is deep enough to sit in so when we re-do the kitchen I may plan in a window seat. Although it is a little high at the moment.

The paperwhite peonies are made from coffee filters and are ridiculously easy to make. I sold some at the village craft fair at christmas and sat and made them at the stall.

All that you need are white coffee filters, stiff wire, florists tape, scissors and a little PVA glue.

The link for the tutorial is here



They are really fun to make and very realistic. I have seen pictures of them in pink but I love the white. Once you have done a couple they take maybe 3-4 mins each.

So for my winter window I wound the wire stems around some rose branches from my garden. I have a lovely english rose that grows like a bush and it has goregous dark red stems. They need  trimming back before the new year anyway so before christmas I headed out to the garden and snipped some good long twiggy branches.


Then I arranged the branches in a jug - this one a beautiful blue willow pattern with roses and a peacock that I have inherited from my husbands grandmother who died last year. I love having it out as she used to use it to display the flowers that we took every week when we visited her. It stands on a matching plate - on to which I have piled some pine cones that I collected at the same time as I picked sloes in the Autumn.


The coffee pot on the right is rusted and not fit for use. I bought it from a fantastic Antiques shop in Chipping Norton. I fell in love with the shape of it.





Want to make some for yourself? You betcha do!

Link again in case you missed it is here!

See you next time x

1 comment:

  1. I think I used to have a book with these peonies in as a tutorial but I never made them. They look lovely on your rose twigs.

    And it's been far too long since I've been to Chipping Norton...fancy a road trip? ;-)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete